Your eBay Seller Holiday Checklist
Cyber Monday is just one day away, which means that you already should have everything in place for the upcoming online sales holiday rush. This year more than ever eBay sellers need to be prepared for a huge turnaround on Cyber Monday, since this Monday according to Bloomberg Online magazine is expected to be the biggest eCommerce shopping day.
How can you make sure that you are prepared? with this eBay seller holiday checklist you will be able to check if you are indeed ready for Cyber Monday .
1. Optimize your titles & descriptions – to make sure you will be listed in relevant searches you need to include key words and terms in your listings titles and descriptions. Read our short tutorial on how to optimize your listings for searches.
2. Competitive pricing – research your competition on eBay and on other eCommerce sites and adjust your listings’ prices so that they are priced competitively. Also, place a low starting bid for your auction items to stimulate bidding.
3. Expedited & Free shipping – free shipping not only gives you an edge in eBay’s search results, but also can help you beat the competition. Also, offer expedited handling & shipping and make sure you advertise this in all your promotions. If you do offer these options make sure you mention this in the listing’s title, this will help your listings stand out in searches.
4. Cross-promotion - buyers are always looking for an easy & quick way to get their holiday shopping done. That’s why cross promotion is a must for every eBay seller preparing for holiday sales. So make sure you feature more of items to potential buyers by using a flash gallery or by linking to your festive eBay storefront.
5. Use “Best offer” – also after you’ve done your market research and figured out how much other sellers are selling a certain item for – it’s still important that you add a “Best Offer” option. On many occasions these offers will be very close to your asking price making it a very fair deal for both you and the buyer.
6. Hassle free return policy – build buyers confidence and trust by detailing how and when they can return items. Research shows that at least 63% o
7. Be available by e-mail – more than ever it’s important that you stay close to your e-mail, check it often and make sure you answer potential buyers promptly. Also, be sure to update your prices if necessary so that they will stay competitive.f buyers review a seller’s return policy before considering a purchase, so make sure you your return policy will build buyers trust by offering a 30-day money back guarantee, a full refund under specific conditions or free shipping for returns.
8. Decorate your eBay storefront – adding festive holiday features to your eBay storefront is a great way to prep for holiday sales, so be sure to check out our festive holiday decorations for webstore!
Mark off each of these tasks – and you are ready for Cyber Monday!